December 15, 2006

... more good news ...

did you hear ...
the state of florida and the state of california have stopped killing people ...
for the moment anyway ...

do you think that maybe we can understand that "thou shall not kill" includes state sanctioned killing of human beings ... i mean, state sanctioned killing is what hitler did only on a much grander scale, and that was evil.

i realize that there may be reason to "justify" or "excuse" the non-compliance with god's commandment, and so long as we as a collective can continue to do that, do you really think that christ can return ...

i mean, honestly, we are talking about a pretty straight forward commandment here. we have the means to incarcerate people for the rest of their lives so WHY do we have to kill them? if they cannot hurt anyone else, what good does it really do except reinforce the fact that there are times you can justify killing.

or, perhaps i'm just having a blond rose-colored glasses on, giggly moment ... i think its AWESOME that the state of florida and the state of california are going to comply with the 10 commandments ... even if its just for the moment ... perhaps it will stick.

peace & harmony,
elaine
'freedom must be exercised to stay in shape!'

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Elaine,

Thank you for keeping up with my blog all this time.

Interesting note: I was in Paris in September and I was talking with a girl there and she basically told me that she didn't like me because I was from Texas, which was the home of capital punishment. 40,000+ civilians die in Iraq, and she doesn't care to be my friend because of 16 people in a year. I'm not saying that the death penalty is right, because God does indeed command us "thou shall not kill," simple as that. But I thought that was a little closed minded on her part, I'm not exactly your average Texan.

12:06 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Isn't the U.S. only one of TWO countries left in the world that still has a death penalty? Are we EVER going to move out of barbarism in this country? Please Elaine, what do the stars have to say about this? My own astrological skills are wholly inadequate to this task.

7:59 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good post, Elaine. I've always thought that the death penalty was wrong by principle.

It's like me telling my daughter not to hit and hitting her. And with as many mis-trials as have happened it's not really justice. Ever compared the success rate of court appointed attorneys to privately hired attorneys.

If you can afford an attorney, apparently you have a shot at a fair trial. If you can't, you're screwed.

11:06 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I was going to comment on "more good news" until I saw anton's "40,000+ civilians die in Iraq, and she doesn't care to be my friend because of 16 people in a year." Dear anton, the girl in Paris was not mad at you, she is angry at the system that rewards the likes of George Bush. The rest of Europe loves you.

12:36 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a great blog! I'm adding you to my links list so I can return and read more...

There should be more like you on the net...

4:46 PM  
Blogger elaine x said...

thanks everyone ...
unfortunately with the transfer to the new platform, everyone is anonymous ... which can be nice, sometimes ... except if you want to respond in kind and visit fellow bloggers!

this is indeed one of our deep spiritual root problems, and its nice to see god working at it from many sides and angles.

peace & harmony,
elaine
'freedom must be exercised to stay in shape!'

9:50 PM  
Blogger Beauty said...

I was going to comment on "more good news" until I saw anton's "40,000+ civilians die in Iraq, and she doesn't care to be my friend because of 16 people in a year." Dear anton, the girl in Paris was not mad at you, she is angry at the system that rewards the likes of George Bush. The rest of Europe loves you.

ps. I refused to be anĂ³nimo

12:29 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home